Sunday 12 January 2014

Hello everyone!
We're back, and this time our artist of the week is Chad Shae'n Lim. Thank you to everyone who tweeted us your guesses as to who our artist of the week would be.


First, a little background information for those of you who have yet to hear of him. Chad Shae'n Lim is a 16 year old actor who has worked on indie films and small projects. When he's not acting, he's either in his CCA - Drama Club, at ACS Barker (his school), reading, watching television shows, or hanging out with friends. He dreams of one day being on the big screen, and we have faith that this determined young man can make it big.

Readers who want to know more about Chad, read on and find out what he said when we interviewed him.

Q: Who would you say is your role model in the acting industry?
A: I think one of the greatest role models I have is Leonardo Dicaprio, because even though he doesn't win any Oscars, he still perseveres on and does a great job and puts in his all in all his films.

Q: What are the 5 things you can't live without?
A: That's tough. Well, I'll have to go with the basics. Phone, food, my bed, my house, my family.

Q: Is there any motto or advice you live by?
A: Well, as my drama teacher always says, talent without effort and discipline, is a bloody waste of my time.

Q: What do you think can help raise awareness for local talents?
A: I think locals should give budding artistes a chance and not hate/judge so quickly, because they might not realise that local artistes can be talented as well.

Q: What do you like to do besides acting?
A: I like to eat and sleep mainly. But if I'm not doing that, I like to surf tumblr and see what my fandoms are up to, stuff like that.

Q: So what fandoms are you in?
A: The Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Supernatural fandom.

Q: Is there any local actor you would like to work with and have not?
A: I would like to be in a film with Chin Han actually, because he's one of my role models and one of the local artistes who inspired me to pursue a career in acting. Even though he's a local, he managed to go far and make it big in Hollywood.

Q: Where do you see yourself going with this? Would you say this is more a career or a hobby?
A: I would consider this as more of a hobby at the moment. I do tiny films here and there sometimes, projects, indie films. I'd like to see where it takes me.

Q: What was the most difficult part of getting to where you are today?
A: Mostly overcoming your fears and getting over the fact that no matter where you go or what you do there are always going to be people that are going to judge you. Once you get over there, it's pretty okay actually.

That's the end of the interview, if you wish to watch the video of the interview, or find out more about Chad Shae'n Lim and his works, visit our youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTT8QitLrfL371Wcpip0oOw?feature=c4-feed-u, our Facebook page at The Spotlight Project and our twitter @Spotlightproj.

You can also follow him at @OkayChad on Twitter and like his page Chad Shae'n (Actor) on Facebook.

Thank you, and we hope you will continue to support us and local artistes!

No comments:

Post a Comment